Here are several quick tips to help reduce your home energy bills.
- Replace the five most-used light bulbs per floor in your home with Compact florescent bulbs.
- Reduce the temperature on your domestic hot water heater to WARM or about 120 degrees F.
- Replace shower heads and faucets with Low Flow devices that can reduce your water usage by almost 25%.
- Insulate/wrap hot water pipes in your basement area.
- Have your heating contractor perform a Tune and Clean on your heating system.
- Install a digital thermostat.
By following these simple suggestions you can reduce your annual energy bills by almost 20%.